Paddle among Grey Lake’s Icebergs and run down Grey River on this amazing Torres del Paine one-day Grey Glacier Kayak trip!
Torres del Paine National Park
This is an amazing option you can do after the W trek!
- Duration: 1 day
- Distance: 18 miles
- Paddling time: 4 to 5 hours
- Kayaking Level: 2
- Physical Level: Moderate
- Start Point: Pick up at Puerto Natales 7:30 hrs
- Finish Point: Drop off at Puerto Natales 18:30 hrs
- Lunch and Snacks included
Grey Glacier Icebergs and River kayak trip Itinerary:
Distance: 18 Miles / Paddling Time: 4 – 5 Hours
Grey Glacier and River Kayak trip starts in Puerto Natales, Chile. Firstly, our private transportation will pick you up at your hotel/hostel in the morning. We will drive to the shores of Grey Lake, located in Torres del Paine National Park. The journey will take you 67 Miles north from Puerto Natales to the southern access to the park.
While enjoying the view of Paine Grande and Grey Glacier, A briefing is provided by our guides, an explanation of safety and instructions for paddling efficiently. The navigation on the lake will take aproximately 1 hour, paddling among big pieces of ice that have broken from Grey Glacier. These icebergs are scattered throughout the lake due to carvings on the Glacier.
During the entire navigation, there’s an amazing view of the magnificent Paine Massif; including Paine Grande, the Olguin Range, and Los Cuernos
After paddling in Grey Lake, the descent of Grey River begins!
The river serpents through deep canyons with steep rock faces, creating sections of rapids that are exciting and entertaining. There are many different species of aquatic birds that inhabit the river.
The paddle continues next to the Paine Massif for 15 Miles, the length of Grey River until it joins with the turquoise water of the Serrano River. After paddling for 4 – 5 hours, the day comes to an end at Serrano Village.
Arrival to Puerto Natales around 18:30 hrs
Snacks and Lunch included
* Wind is a very normal factor in Patagonia, if you choose to do this trip, you have to consider that paddling with wind may be a possibility.
* If the wind is too strong, it will not be possible to enter to the Iceberg Zone. If this is the case, we will only paddle the River (which is more sheltered from wind)
Torres del Paine entrance ticket NOT INCLUDED
- Private transportation from and back to Puerto Natales
- Certified Guides: British Canoeing (BCU), American Canoe Association (ACA) & Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
- Double Kayaks (HTP Laminated Kayaks)
- DRY SUITS, Paddling Jacket, Life Jackets, Neoprene Gloves, 5mm Booties, 2mm Wet Socks, Spray Deck, Dry Bags, Compact Waterproof case for camera or smartphone, Helmet & Neoprene hats.
- Safety equipment: Bilge pump, tow line, VHF radio, Satellite Message communications, First aid kit, Hypothermia kit
That you have to bring to our Grey Glacier and River kayak trip.
- Sunglasses (with real UVA protection)
- Water bottle (we bring water to refill)
- Synthetic quick drying long sleeve shirt and long pants
- Waterproof Jacket
- Warm jacket (fleece or synthetic)
- Sun block (45 spf min)
- Insect repellent
- Know how to swim
- Previous kayak or canoe experience
- Good health and physical condition
- Open minded and with a good attitude 🙂
By the way, we grow many of the veggies we use in our trips!
We have an organic, no dig garden close to Puerto Natales where we grow fruits and vegetables which are delicious, fresh and higher in nutrients. The intention is to give you the best quality ingredients because food is a very important part of our trips!